For weeks I have been SO excited over one concert. We bought the tickets, decided to make a day out of going to Asheville, and we were on our way. The day started out well enough, lots of shopping, three more pairs of shoes I didn't need, a Sex and the City shirt (<3), and a new LSU shirt. The day was going swell. The doors to our concert opened at 7 so we made a point to get there a few minutes early for our will call tickets. We get there and see nothing but metal heads. I look at the schedule they have taped to the window and see that the concert I was looking forward to, the one that I dragged my metal loving boyfriend to.... was the night before. And I was wearing cowboy boots. I felt like a dip shit.
So after a mini melt down we decided to go see Wall E since we were in town anyway. Well it wasn't playing at the movie theater we went to, so we saw Get Smart instead. SUPER funny, and definitely took my mind off things.
Every so often I get these moments where I feel like an absolute hick. And I'm not entirely. After the movie we went to Barnes and Noble because what better way to cheer up an English nerd than with books, right? Well Barnes and Noble has Starbucks, which I hadn't had in FOREVER so I decided to order one. At the cash register she rang me up and asked if I had a discount card. When I said no that I hadn't been to a Starbucks in about three years she gave me the strangest what kind of weirdo are you? I'm a small town weirdo thank you very much.
And it's only been four months, because Sally Mae and I realized we had Starbucks in Memphis on Spring Break.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment